How to clean makeup brushes? An easy way to clean your makeup brushes!
If you’re someone interested in makeup then you must know how big a problem cleaning your makeup brushes can be. Even if you hold the brushes under water for a long period of time, little particles of makeup continue to stay inside the bristles which is unhygienic and can cause skin problems like acne.
Well, don’t you worry anymore! We have the perfect answer to your question of How to clean makeup brushes? Shared below is a pretty easy way for you to clean your makeup brushes.
Things you’ll need:
- A vertical container (preferably glass) you can simply use a mason jar if you’ve got one laying around
- One teaspoon dishwashing liquid
- one teaspoon synthetic vinegar (i use apple cider vinegar if synthetic vinegar isn’t available)
- Mildly warm water
What to do:
- Warm the water to a point where it isn’t boiling hot but is not cold either.
- in a glass container add one teaspoon dishwashing liquid, one teaspoon synthetic vinegar and then add the water.
- Put all your brushes in the mixture, face down. It’s better if the container is a vertical jar so that only the bristles of the brush are dipped in the liquid and not the handle.
- Let them soak for 8-10 minutes. Then take them out and hold the brushes under water. You can use your fingers to gently get all the liquid solution out of the brushes. Another alternative that could be used is one of those little combs that you can easily get at any store. Run the comb or your fingers through the bristles and then turn the tap off.
- Now place the brushes on a clean towel and let them dry overnight.
By morning, you will have your set of brushes all clean and shiny.